Ask the distributor in charge of your market, they handle all the sales.
We cooperate with one distributor per country/region. Coloreel distributors will have demo units available for demonstrations. Our distributors will sell both Coloreel units, consumables and spare parts. They will be responsible for all installations, training, service and warranty cases.
We have chosen distributors who today work with industrial embroidery machines and textile printing. They are distributing well-known brands, and all have good service organizations. As a distributor, you also need to fulfill specified criteria.
- Special 2-ply polyester thread – 40 weight.
- We will have one thicker and one thinner polyester thread during 2019.
- 5 or 10 km cone available
- Special CMYK ink, four cartridges per Coloreel unit.
- We offer two sizes/articles of cartridges 75 and 200 ml. Both sizes/articles will use the same cartridge dimension.
- Estimated ink consumption per Coloreel unit and year ~2 liter (220 working days per year – 5,5 production hours per day).
- Ink cartridges may be changed during production.
- Storage life closed or open cartridge, one year.
- The empty ink cartridges can be recycled.
- Ink should be stored >10 and below 30 degrees Celcius.
- Needs to be replaced/serviced 6-12 times per year.
Needs to be serviced 2-4 times per year.
To be decided
- From the delivery date, we will only be able to supply a limited number of Coloreel units, but after 4-6 months we have ramped up production and will meet expected demand/forecast.
- Pre-orders will be prioritized.
- Coloreel units are assembled and delivered from Sweden.
We have a standard warranty period of 1 year from delivery. During the early introduction phase, we will extend the warranty period to 3 years for a limited number of units. Free software upgrades will regularly come after introduction.
With Coloreel Technology you only need one white thread that is instantly colored by ink-jet technology, fixated, washed and lubricated on-demand in a complete in-line thread coloring unit. The result is a washable thread with the exact color you need that also fulfills the textile industry quality requirements.
The Coloreel technology can be used for different areas of thread dying, but our first product is tailored for Embroidery. Other applications are under consideration.
The COLOREEL™ technology is well protected. Today 5 patent families are published, with more in the pipeline. The result will be over 100 patents globally that will secure Coloreel’s competitiveness.
Yes, this is possible.
Coloreel unit is an instant thread coloring unit that can produce a practically unlimited number of colors on the white Coloreel special thread and feed it directly into any embroidery machine, replacing today’s large amount of colored thread reels. The heavily patented technology is a specialized version of ink printing technology, combined with efficient color curing and advanced thread control.
The practically unlimited number of colors makes new unique embroidery design possible like shading, 3D effects and many more. You can freely combine stitch patterns and smooth color changes. Only your imagination limits the design freedom!
It has a positive effect. The major improvement in production comes from not needing to change the thread reels and no need for trims and lock stitches. You always have the right color when you need it, giving you complete flexibility for customized embroideries.
Yes, it is a standalone unit that works with any industrial embroidery machine brand.
Yes, you will be able to equip your multi-needle with several Coloreel units and control all units via a computer.
First of all, thread breaks very seldom occur in the Coloreel unit. If a break occurs at the needle, depending on the position in the embroidery, you most likely only need to re-thread and back up a few stitches. If you are in a less favorable embroidery position, due to a very small colored field, you may need to re-set to the correct stitch number and pull new thread.
We are working on producing a Pantone match, using Pantone (Plus Solid Coated).
No, our Coloreel unit is attached above the embroidery machine and will not interfere with the embroidery procedure in any way. The Coloreel unit is designed to handle all normal embroideries at all speeds and will not slow down the production. On the contrary, it will improve productivity, see values above.
We have attached an external stitch sensor to the embroidery machine without doing any exterior changes or damages. This is made to measure the exact number of stitches.
Yes, you will have full repeatability. Though when you digitize your design, you need to consider “the color change placement precision.” Design with small solid color fields may need some underlay stitching before and after the correct placement of the color to secure the precision.
After digitizing your design in the ordinary embroidery software, like Wilcom or Pulse, you implement and finalize your design in our colorization software. Our colorization software is included free of charge with the Coloreel unit.
Since you are working with only one thread and unlimited colors, you need to get the thread in the correct flowing sequence without the normal trims and lock stitches.
At this moment no, but we are planning to develop software.
After the coloring process, the special Coloreel thread has comparable quality levels as any other embroidery thread, but with the advantage of unlimited solid colors and smooth color transitions. Once the thread is colored and the embroidery is done, it can instantly be used and washed without further post-treatment.
The color precision error should be less than <2ΔE, which is very hard for the eye to register.
The thread quality is equivalent to standard embroidery thread. You can immediately wash it; no special post-treatment is needed. Since you do not need the lock stitches, the overall embroidery quality is visibly improved.
- Transitions and special effects, g., for textures and shaded logotypes. No thread change, thus no lock stitches, improves quality and feel.
- Up to 50% increased productivity due to no changes of thread reels and fewer trims and lock stitches.
- Always the right thread color at hand, no lead time for ordering special thread, minimized stock management.
- A better environment because it only produces the thread you need, almost zero waste of resources.
- Only one thread – no human mistakes in production and purchase.
- Coloreel unit will fit on all embroidery machines.